On 22 and 23 November 2022, the third congress on digital democracy will take place, jointly organised by the Alliance for Diverse Democracy, the Future Foundation Berlin and the Berlin Institute for Participation.
What began in 2020 as a specialist conference has since developed into an international congress format, for which we expect over 300 participants in 2022. This year, for the first time, there will be the opportunity to actively propose and organise sessions. On this page you will find all the necessary information.
Call for Participation
We recommend that you read all the information carefully – especially the Guidelines, compliance with which is a prerequisite for your participation. We are looking forward to your idea!
The Call for (international) Participation ends on 30 June 2022.
You can submit the following formats:
- Keynote: 1 speaker, presentation incl. Q&A, total duration 45-minute presentation plus 15-minute Q&A
- Panel: Maximum of 3 speakers plus moderator, 45-minute talk plus 15-minute Q&A.
- Workshop: Intensive practical session with 1-2 workshop leaders (60 minutes)
- Interview: 1 speaker plus interviewer, 45-minute interview plus 15-minute Q&A
- Tool Inside: Presentation of a digital participation tool, presentation incl. Q&A, 60 min
- Best Practice: Presentation of a digital participation process incl. lessons learned, 60 min
- Get Together: Free format for relaxed exchange on an area of interest, if necessary light moderation by organisers, 60 min
The Guidelines are the rules you have to follow if you want to participate in the Congress. You must mark them as read when you submit an idea.
- We are looking for ideas that give space to the different perspectives of a topic.
- Sessions can be held in German or English.
- We look forward to diverse topics, attitudes and opinions from across the (democratic) spectrum.
- Obvious advertising and marketing pitches have no chance in the Call for Participation. Participants and the programme team want compelling and well-researched content that addresses solutions and challenges to our digital democracy.
- This does not mean that the participants of the congress are not interested in the latest digital tools, services or providers. If you would like to present yourself, your company or your offer, please contact our colleagues from the partner management who can provide you with further information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will digitally store the information you submit for further processing within the framework of the programme design. If your session is not included in the programme, we will delete all data at the latest after the end of the congress. If your session is included in the programme, you grant us irrevocable permission to record it and make it permanently accessible online.
Questions regarding participation as a speaker, content or formats should be addressed directly to the Congress Office:
D³ CONGRESS ON DIGITAL DEMOCRACY 2022
c/o Berlin Institute for Participation
Greifswalder Strasse 4
F: +49 30 120 826 13